From the Angeles National Forest
Tips to Consider Before Beginning any Hike!
• Take into account your time available.
• Have a good knowledge of the area (maps help!).
• Check out the weather for the area you will be hiking in and dress appropriately. Take extra clothing and necessary equipment. The time of year will help determine your needs for your trip.
• Consider what the terrain is like where you're going.
• Check with a local Forest Service office for information concerning trail conditions and fire restrictions.
• Please leave the Forest clean! Dispose of your trash in trash receptacles or bring it back with you.
• Keep the wildlife "wild." Please never feed the wildlife. Watch and enjoy from a distance.
• Let family or friends know where you are going and when you expect to return.